SpeedCoach GPS2 with Training Pack & Heart Rate
SpeedCoach GPS - Model 2 Overview
- Programmable Workouts
- Heart Rate
- Improved Data Recall and Interval Summaries -- 25 hours of memory
- Upgradeable Firmware
- Compatible with LiNK – NK’s connected environment of apps, web analytics, and sensors (Training Pack only)
- Auto Backlight
Includes: Protective Bumper in personal choice of color, Heart Rate Strap, Quick-Wrap Mounting Strap and Dock , Battery Charger, Lanyard and Carry Pouch.
The NEW SpeedCoach GPS Model 2:
- Works in any boat without wires –
- Precision 5Hz GPS module for accurate and responsive speed
- Surge Rate technology for stroke rate
- Is also compatible with impeller in any wired boat
- Features a 25-hour rowing memory & improved data recall with interval summaries
- Displays clock time – auto set from GPS
- Has a rechargeable battery; lasts multiple sessions
- Clearly visible day or night with the high-contrast/high resolution monochrome display with automatic LED backlight
- Over the air wireless firmware updates (LiNK)
The SpeedCoach GPS Training Pack Adds these Software Features:
- Programmable workouts based on time or distance - easy to set up, save and run
- Data recall tied to workout sessions for in-depth review of pieces
- Heart rate (compatible with any Bluetooth Smart HR Belt – purchase option)
- Stored data can be exported wirelessly to PC, Mac or Web (LiNK)
What is LiNK?
Firstly LiNK can be only used with the Training Pack and Heart Rate model
LiNK is NK’s connected environment which greatly expands the performance improving capabilities of the SpeedCoach GPS platform. The LiNK environment will include Bluetooth Smart wireless connectivity to heart rate belts, sensors, phones, tablets, PC’s (dongle required) and Macs as well as cloud connectivity, web analytics and real-time tracking via apps.
At the moment, our LiNK features include:
- Wirelessly transfer just row and workout interval data to PC for viewing and storage.
- Export data to charting and analysis programs, such as Excel, via CSV.
- Export data to FIT file format to enable transfer to third-party websites, such as Endomondo, Strava and any FIT-compatible site. These sites enable you to view your row on detailed maps, share your results with friends or coaches, and even compare your results with others.
Note: Bluetooth Smart products will NOT work with ANT+ heart rate belts. Bluetooth Smart belts are compatible with all iOS fitness tracking apps.
Go to Link Help for more information and videos on installation.
Chronograph: 0 to 59:59:99 with auto rollback, 1/100th sec resolution.
Stroke Rate: Rate input from accelerometer, autostart with first stroke, 6 to 99 1/2, 1/2-stroke resolution, update every stroke.
Stroke Count: Count input from accelerometer, autostart with first stroke, 0 to 999 with auto rollover, 1-stroke resolution, update every stroke.
Distance: Meters, kilometers or statute miles.
Speed/Split: Speed over land averaged and updated every stroke. May be displayed as either speed (meters per second) or split (time for 00 meters). GPS speed smoothing from 1-stroke to 8-strokes. Impeller mode (water speed and distance) available with optional wiring.
Memory: 18 hours of memory. Approx. 125 2000m workouts, or 55 5000m workouts.
Display: High contrast, sunlight readable monochrome liquid crystal display with 400 x 240 resolution and large, clear numerals.
Backlight: LED backlight illuminates the display in low-light conditions and triggers automatically when needed.
Case: Impact-resistant polycarbonate case with sealed acrylic window. Sun and saltwater resistant.
Controls: Four soft-touch buttons, large primary start/stop/clear button.
Battery: One rechargeable Lithium-Poly battery provides up to 8 hours of battery life (backlight dependent).
Battery Life Expectancy: Battery can be expected to last 300 full charge/discharge cycles. The expected cycles increase greatly for partial charge/discharge. After 300 cycles, expected capacity is 80% of original.
Power Conservation: Auto-off after 8 minutes of inactivity (no button presses or movement).
Size: Display unit measures 3.6 x 2.6 x 1.2 in (92 x 67 x 31 mm).
Control System Weight: 5.3 oz (150 g) with bumper.
System Weight: 205gms with quick-wrap mount.
Water Resistance: Waterproof (IP67, NEMA-6).
Buoyancy: DOES NOT FLOAT.
Warranty: 2 years on entire system.